What happened to May? I don’t remember it happening. Time flies by so fast and it gets faster and faster as it goes by.
Remember when you were a kid and waiting three whole sleeps seemed like years and years? There will come a time when you really wish time would move that slowly again.
I’m sitting at home right now waiting for my eyes to clear (nice thing about computers is you can set the zoom to 200%.) Had injections in both this morning – they were leaking again.
I had originally been scheduled for an injection in my left eye for June 12 and lasers in my right on June 9. I woke up Tuesday morning last week and had no focus ability in my right eye. I had been at the eye doctor’s on the prior Thursday and everything was fine, by Tuesday had sprung a very bad leak. So they bumped up my injection to the next available date, for both eyes. No lasers now.
I asked the doctor about the prognosis – I was wondering if I needed to make long-term contingency plans for having minimal sight left or blindness at some point. He assured me that as long as I am controlling my diabetes and blood pressure that eventually the treatments will eliminate the constant leaks and that in 80% of patients the injections stop and the sight is improved. Just hope I am not one of the other 20%.
So, since I am keeping things under control everything should eventually stabilize.
It has been a nice Spring so far – warm and periodic rain. Which means mowing the lawn every five to seven days. Which is a pain.
My apple tree bloomed on ALL branches this year for the first time! Each branch is a different variety. It is called a 5-in-1 and all varieties are hardy to the climate up here. It is a dwarf stock so will stay small. I pruned it quite well last Fall to keep it easy to reach.
And lots of blossoms too. I did not see a single bee on it though, thankfully it was crawling with ants (and ladybugs) so they will have pollinated it. Should get lots of apples this year if the weather cooperates.
Plantings in the front are doing well too. I decided to cull out the Prairie Mallow as some of were massive and choking out other plants. As I wanted to give the Hollyhocks a chance to colonize the west bed in front of the house I killed all but two of the Prairie Mallows. Yes, I am a horrible person. But I let the Prairie Mallow keep the back corner of the backyard.
The perennials I planted last year (got from friends around town) are doing great! Both clumps of day lilies started blooming this week, and two of the other things are growing well – still haven’t found out what they are called though. My clematis plants are growing about a foot a day.
This was taken a week ago – the petunias are twice this size at least now. And I’ve been harvesting the herbs already; it is so nice to have a fresh herb omelette for breakfast!
This is the final weekend of the last show of the season at Grande Prairie Live Theatre. It is the “family show” so the weekends are three matinees – two on Saturday and one on Sunday, and a Friday night show. “Robin Hood and the Heroes of Sherwood Forest” is the show.
Next weekend I will be face painting in Dawson Creek, and Summer season will officially be kicking into full gear. I was ordering supplies last night to restock the essentials. When I have a crew of 10 working we go through a lot of rainbow cakes!
You must be logged in to post a comment.