I just realized I didn’t post in January – I post monthly at a minimum, but time is weird now. I kept thinking “I need to post” the last couple of weeks, then… BAM, it was February. Oh well. It isn’t like there is a lot to post about at the moment! LOL
My final semester of this program started and we’re now a month in. Time is going by so quickly. We are 100% online right now as the Province is shutdown, but we were told by the Dean of our faculty that the studio classes will be allowed back into the studios after February 10th, when the lockdown is lifted. Hopefully this stays true, as I am hooped if I can’t work on my installation in the studio. There is absolutely no way I can finish it at home.
I have to take Rapid Prototyping/3D Printing this semester. I did not enrol in Fine Art to do 3D Printing (or Film & Audio Production, or Videography, or…) but I am stuck doing it. It hurts physically – I have arthritis and other things in my hands/wrists and having to use a mouse to that extent for that amount of time is exhausting me. It was suggested I try a tablet so the college loaned me one. Nope. Have to hold the button on the stylus down in order to use it – hurts worse than pressing the mouse buttons. So I have to take painkillers, then work in short spurts.
The first thing I “created,” which almost killed me, was an elephant. This was doing the class (video) learning exercise for intermediate tools. It took 11 hours! Given how much I suffered doing this (in tears a few time) it turned out pretty decent for a first attempt. Although, once this course is done I am NEVER doing this again.
The next thing is our second assignment, have to create a hybrid creature – research, sketches, make our own alpha brushes, and make it… Due in nine days. I’ve got my drawings done and reviewed, and made an alpha brush to use, and now have to make it. I’ve told the instructor NOT to print anything as I have absolutely no use for it and do not want them.
Other courses are ticking along pretty well. Mid-term marks will be posted three weeks from today!
I received an offer for the BA (Hons) Fine Art program (one year add-on for the degree) from a university in Ireland. I’ve until mid-April to accept to qualify for a reduced tuition (which is great as the exchange on Euros is currently $1.55). If I wait longer it goes up to the posted rate.
I had an online interview for a MA Fine Art program in the UK, but haven’t heard anything from them since. And the other school I applied to for their MA program hasn’t made contact other than to confirm my application (this school had pre-reviewed all my transcripts and portfolio BEFORE I applied.) The deadlines are in May I think, so I am early.
The vaccine rollouts have hit major delays with Pfizer stopping shipments, and other issues. This is frustrating as I am pretty sure I will need mine in order to travel in August/September. Initially I was supposed to be in the April-July group, but with the slowdown I have no idea if I will be able to get both shots required before leaving.
You must be logged in to post a comment.